27 February 2015

Michelle & Shawn's Oxbow Country Estate Wedding

What an absolute blessing to could have captured this couple's wedding day! It was certainly the highlight of 2014 for me. I've gotten to know Michelle & Shawn a little over their engagement session (click to view the pictures) and some pizza at Toni's, so I knew that their big day would be something special. I also imagined that it would be a really relaxed day with loads of fun going around, and boy was I right! Had so much fun photographing the events from the day and especially the hilarious groomsmen. 

Michelle wore the most beautiful dress I've ever seen - custom designed and made (will get the details of the designer soon). It was a blush pink dress worked with intricate lace, gem and beaded detail over the shoulders and down the back of the dress. It was like something from a fairy-tale or at the very least a bride's Pinterest board!

Michelle & Shawn got married at the beautiful Oxbow Country Estate just outside Pretoria - what a breathtaking venue, I couldn't stop myself from snapping away at the gorgeous views of the grounds all day (and night). Most of the guests slept over at the venue that evening and I had the privilege to stay over myself and capture the guests having breakfast the next morning as well.

About the Photography Aspect of the Day:
Earlier this year I attended a Kikitography (their website here) workshop (view pics from the workshop here) where I learned so much about photographing a wedding story from pro's and I couldn't wait to apply what I've learned. I spent weeks preparing myself for this day, freaking out a little about the possibility of rain, reading over the notes from the workshop countless times and many nights spent in photography dreams where my brain just couldn't switch off. Shooting a wedding is a big job and an even bigger responsibility and I am SO glad I decided to attend that lifesaving workshop and to be honest, I am quite proud of how it turned out. I feel like these images tells a unique story about a couple's celebration of love and so I think I can safely say it was a success.

Michelle & Shawn, thank you for inviting me into your lives for a short time to capture your love story! You were the kindest and easiest clients ever - it's been a joy to do this for you! May your love for each other grow each and every day! Enjoy the pictures :)

Much love,
Anneli






































































































































































































































































All pictures were taken by myself - please do not reproduce, copy or use any of the images in any way without my written permission. Copyright © 2015 Anneli Strecker.

No comments :

Post a Comment